Saturday, October 18, 2014

Hallow's End Funsies

Happy Hallow's End! The updated in-game holiday is here, and I spent almost my entire day collecting the two new pets and enough Tricky Treats for 10 Yipp-Saron Costumes. Yep, it was a long day.

        

Collecting Widget the Departed and Cursed Birman was straight forward. It just took a buttload of time and patience. Travel time is a bitch, even with flying.

When I found out Perky Pug costume needed 150 Tricky Treats (same price as one of the new kitties), I decided to collect the two pets on my alts, rather than my main. If my main was still on the same server as my alts, I would have switched that around since the costumes aren't BoP, but alas.

In the end I split up the task of farming Tricky Treats between two alts. Pandaria, Northrend, Outland, then one of the daily quests and a Headless Horseman run was all I needed for one pet each alt. That freed up my main to go out and loot ALL of the candy buckets in the game so she could buy the pug costume. Priorities, damnit. Totally worth it though...


"I am the lucid dream"


In his (dog)house at R'lyeh Elwynn, Cthulhu Perky Pug waits dreaming.


Internet high-five if you get the reference. Love me some Lovecraft!

150 Tricky Treats buys you one bundle (x5) of Yipp-Saron Costumes, but I had enough to buy two bundles (x10). How could I NOT dump all my currency into this awesomeness?! :P

The costume lasts for as long as your pug is out. Loading, re-summoning, etc. removes the costume, sadly. If I could buy these outfits all year 'round (using gold or some other readily available currency), I wouldn't mind so much. But since I only have 10 (9 now since I used one for the screenshot lol) I'm sooo nervous to use them. I don't want to "waste" them accidentally. :(

Anyway, I absolutely love my little old-god haha. :D


Reaching another milestone
I finally earned So. Many. Pets. today!


Collecting the first kitty pushed my unique pets count up to 600, and Stormwing was immediately added to my Pet Journal. Gorgeous.

Part of me feels like I should maybe feel embarrassed for reaching this point, but I don't feel bad about it at all. Sure, I invest my time and energy into pixels in a game (that won't last forever), but it's something I wholeheartedly enjoy. It's not as if it's a quick and easy task either.

So with that in mind, I definitely feel accomplished and proud of this milestone, and I'm even looking forward to the next goal. XD


Doesn't seem quite right...
Last but not least, I don't know what happened post-patch 6.0 but the Feline Familiar seems to have lost her broom. :(


As amusing as I find this, I also really loved the Feline Familiar's adorable little broom. Hopefully floaty-air-kitty is just a bug and she'll get her mount back. I mentioned this to the devs on Twitter but we'll see.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 602 pets! I can't believe we are up to that many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Doobjanka: Thank you :D

      I can't wait for the day where they have to raise the cap of total pets in the journal. 1k won't be enough soon XD

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Perks N Peeves by Quintessence is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.